Twitter Updates

mercoledì 9 aprile 2008

Scientology Dead Sea Scrolls Unveiled

Forenote: I am deeply convinced that Scientology is evil, this point will not be elaborated because it is not functional to the topic of this post, nor can be discussed under point four of the home rules (see the the side column). Details on my personal point of view are however available upon request.

Ever heard of Wikileaks? It is a very original website tailored for anyone who has some "hot stuff" to show the world but fears the repression of his state, the mafia... or the Church of Scientology as it is the case (I'd no doubt prefer the mafia). Wikileaks offers to the deep throats all over the world two fundamental services yet very difficult to conciliate: anonimity and visibility.

Today I read trough the blogsphere that an anonimous contributor (obviously ^_^') published nothing less than the Collected Operating Tethans of the Church of Scientology, the secret bible written by the founder Ron Hubbard himself the sci-fi writer, who invented the biggest mind-wiping money siphon religious corporation ever. This document shall not, in the policies of the church, be released for any reason, beacuse if made public anyone could see how dork they are access some gnostic knowledge which is better kept among the cultists hierarchy.

I am not sure but perhaps the unhearting of the sacred tome could even endanger some criminal plan enlightenment effort of theirs. After all if I had unraveled some deep mystery of the Cosmos, the very meaning of existence perhaps, why would I keep it away from mankind, why would I not spread it properly... oh yes, I forgot the starting assumption that tey are evil, so enlightenment for members only and of course you pay for the privilege.

Scientology already proceeded to sue Wikileaks (aka "yes,it's the true thing" and "yes, we feel uncomfortable seeing it around"). Wikileaks in turn already proceeded to tell them (politely) where they can settle their lawsuit. Unfortunately the Scientologists have both nightmare lawyers from hell and very little sense of humor so the outcome of a lawsuit is uncertain and I would not be surprised if the document would end up removed from the website.
Right now anyway, there is one thing we all can do in order to twart anything the lawyers from hell could achieve: the forbidden tome is now out, so please, visit Wikileaks and download it, then share it as you please (edonkey, torrent, limewire, Direct Connect, anything will do). Tey cannot track down and create problems to individual users. The goal is to assure that what was made of public domain remains of public domain, it is a matter of freedom. I don't want to live in a world were a few individuals of dubious morality can decide what I am or I am not entitled to know.

Today is a bunch of moronic religious fiction, tomorrow it could be something I do care about.

Edit. I have glimpsed trough the document in my lunch break and, aside from a couple of really creepy things, I have noticed a little poem in the incipit which is worth mentioning:

I will not always be here on guard.
The stars twinkle in the Milky Way
And the wind sighs for songs
Across the empty fields of a planet
A Galaxy away.

You won’t always be here.
But before you go,
Whisper this to your sons
And their sons —
“The work was free.
Keep it so.”

It is from Mr. Hubbard himself (like the rest as it seems). Taken out of their context these are really nice words. I've always tought that if one could ignore all the religious poppycocks, Hubbard would be a sci-fi writer worth reading.

Edit2: cool, adsense suggest a Scientology ad at the end of the post... cool, it says "think with your head, get the facts", well I guess downloading their hidden tome from Wikileaks IS thinking with our heads and getting the facts, so they practically support my campaign, now THAT's cool! Anyway I don't recall asking for an ad in that position (but I might have tampered without noticing), and I have already provided to inform the adsense bot that Scientology shall be filtered, I hope it works and they don't kick me for clicking of one of my ads ;)

Nessun commento: